Getting started in motorsport can be a daunting task with all the requirements, rules and technical specs to get your head around.
It is well advised to speak to the Chairman, Race Secretary or members of the committee to help you.
Please read our Rules very carefully.
To get started the four main things to do are:
- Buy a kart and engine (check out our Official Suppliers page or try Facebook)
- Get an MSA licence and optional insurance, if over 50 you will need an ECG scan from your doctor.
- Register your team and drivers with the series online.
- Enter each and every Race Online
You will also need:
- Helmet (Any SABS approved full-face helmet will do) (Avoid using Motocross helmets) (CMR helmets are recommended for minors)
- A kart suit, boots & gloves.
- A rib protector and a neck brace are also recommended.
- A kart trolley and fire extinguisher.
- A set of tools
- Trailer or bakkie to get your kart to and from races and a place to store your kart.
Then the last thing you will need to do is Practice, Practice and Practice some more.
See the Track Page for contact details to find out when they are open for practice.