WHAT YOU NEED TO GET STARTED WITH KARTING IN SOUTH AFRICA
Getting started in motorsport can be a daunting task with all the requirements, rules, and technical specs to get your head around.
It is well-advised to speak to the Chairman, Race Secretary, or members of the committee to help you.
Please read our Rules very carefully.
To get started the four main things to do are:
You will also need:
- Any SABS approved full-face helmet will do
- Avoid using Motocross helmets
- CMR helmets are recommended for minors
- A kart suit, boots & gloves.
- A rib protector and a neck brace are also recommended.
- A kart trolley and fire extinguisher.
- A set of tools
- Trailer or bakkie to get your kart to and from races and a place to store your kart.
Then the last thing you will need to do is Practice, Practice, and Practice some more.
See the Track Page for contact details to find out when they are open for practice.